Thursday, July 28, 2011

Dusk of the Republic Preview #1

50th POST!!!!! Anyways, here is my first preview for my custom star wars miniatures set: Dusk of the Republic.  I know you already have the set list but here are the first three cards I have made for the set.


Chi Cho is just a re-card of my Chi Cho from the "Conflict on Orto Plutonia" mini-set.  I picked the recommended mini (Thrawn (Mitth'raw'nuruodo)) because it it chiss.  Chiss are the closest thing in minis to Pantorans.  I chose Thrawn in specific because he is not as useful as Grand Admiral Thrawn (as his switching ally positions CE is what makes him famous) so, as v-sets are used often to bring new use to old characters.

I made this character for two reasons.  Commander Bly is an important clone trooper in the clone wars (okay, not really) and the the Clone Trooper Commander is too perfect of a fit not to take advantage of.  Macrobinoculars was an ability I saw somewhere and liked, so, as Bly is always wearing macrobinoculars, I found it fitting.


Almost every Jedi in the clone wars is a general.  It is only fitting to have a jedi general card.  I used the jedi knight from RotS, because I thought it was a good generic jedi.  CE to represent the general aspect of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment